Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Message - Pierced By The Rock

A few days ago, something happened to me that really shook me up. I was outside working in my backyard, and my 12 year old daughter Tayler, was outside with me. My roomate David was working on the yard. He had gathered, and put into a large pile many Rocks. Tayler noticed a really pretty one. "Dad look at this Rock".
I glanced at the Rock she had, it was a large crystalline Rock. The Rock was very pretty, but it was too big to keep. "Have David break it up for you Honey." Tayler looked over at me with an excited Grin "Ok Dad". She went over to where David was and poked him, "David'' he turned around and looked down at her. "What is it Tayler?" "Can you please break this rock up for me?" "Sure let me see it", he said. She handed the rock  to him and he smashed it with a hammer. The rock split into two medium sized pieces. Tayler grinned from ear to ear and took the Rock inside.I walked into the house and sat down on a recliner, to watch a movie. Suddenly I heard a terrible ear piercing scream.  It was my daughter Tayler screaming  . I quickly ran into the kitchen and she was standing there, shaking like a leaf.  I looked fearfully at her hand. Blood was gushing down  her arm, and dripping onto the floor.She looked up at me with her beautiful crystal blue eyes, and tear streaked face. "Daddy, It cut me bad", she said in a convulsive whisper. I looked at the deep gash in her thumb, and the realization dawned on me. How could I be so stupid, of course she was cut. When you break a rock like that, the edges can be razor sharp. A sick nauseating feeling overwhelmed me. I could handle being hurt, but seeing my daughter in that kind of pain, was too much for me. I ran and grabbed a clean rag, and wrapped her hand trying to comfort her. She just shook with pain" Daddy it Hurts Bad." "I'm sorry Honey I don't know what to do." I felt completely  useless, and helpless to do anything about the situation. I  held her in my arms  vainly trying to comfort her. "Shh", I started to pray as hard as I could. "Jesus please close the wound ,and stop the bleeding." "Jesus please take my daughters pain away." A few minutes past and the bleeding stopped.  I could see that Tayler was'nt  hurting as bad. "I dont think you need stitches Tayler, look, God closed the wound". She was still hurting but it was'nt nearly as bad.  I told her to lie down on the couch, and then I walked into the kitchen. I was still pretty shook up but a tiny bit relieved. I reached into the sink to wash up, and suddenly I felt shooting pain in my hand. "Ouch Dangit", I yelled. I looked down to see Blood pouring out of my hand. I looked into the sink and saw a tiny sliver of  rock. It came from  the same Rock that had cut my daughter.Tayler ran into the kitchen momentarily forgetting her own pain. "Dad, she said with deep concern in her voice. Are you Okay?  "I'm okay honey, I'm not cut  as bad as you were." I could still see the worry etched into her face. I wrapped my hand, and she came up to me and wrapped her arms around me. I kissed her on the top of the head, "I Love you honey, I'm okayI said, but I can't stand to see you hurt like that." She looked up at me and smiled faintly "I love you too dad". She walked slowly back into the living room, and lay down on the couch.  I went and sat down on the Recliner near her.  Suddenly the Lord Spoke inside of me, and his voice echoed in my spirit. "Randy, do you understand?  "I watched and felt everything my son suffered on the cross." His voice Resonated deeply within me, and his words hit me like a ton of bricks. I suddenly began
 to  understand what the Lord was saying to me. I knew that the Father had watched what they did to his son, yet I had never thought of it like this. "Oh my Gosh I can't believe this", I muttered under my breath. I was stricken dumb by the sudden profound realization . The Father and Son  are One. The father not only saw what they did to his son, he also felt all of his pain and suffering. He felt the pain just like I did when I watched my daughter get hurt, we were pierced by the same Rock. The Father could have stopped it at anytime, but he did'nt. He sat on his Throne and looked down from Heaven, as they Beat, Tortured and Crucified his Son. When Jesus hung on the cross, he hung on the cross for each and every one of us. If there had only been one person born  to accept his free gift of salvation; I know that he would have done it for that one person. He did this because he loves us. Jesus is Love, and he loves you more than you can possibly imagine. If you don't know Jesus, you can ask him to come into your Heart right now. Ask him to forgive your sins, to come into your heart, and be your lord and Savior. It will be the best decision you ever make. He Loves you so much, and he was pierced for you and I. He did this so that we could forever be in his presence. God Bless you my Friends.......

1 comment:

  1. I love this example of how God allows us to see the true meaning of our salvation. God is love and there for His love is above all commandments. If we love one another as Christ loves us, all the rest will fall into place.

    ReplyDelete