Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Message - The Fence


The Fence
by Randy Nelsen



I saw a strange thing today,  a dog smiled at me. I was at my job doing pickups at customers houses for the thrift store i work at, and there were two dogs behind a chain link fence.I picked up the bags near the fence and put the customers receipt on the ground on my side of the fence.
The German Shepard stuck his big fat paw through the fence about a foot and pawed at my receipt, he did this while slightly tilting his head to the side and smiling at me. That Dog took my receipt I couldn't believe it, and then he smiled like he just ate a cat. It was actually kind of funny really. Then I started to think about how we can get really close to the fence and play with the sin in our lives thinking we are safe. All of a sudden that Dog the Devil will begin to reach through the fence of compromise and try to snatch our belongings from us. We need to be careful and remember God does protect us if we have accepted him as our Lord and savior, but also remember this, if we play near the Fence of our old ways then that sin like a dog can eventually take our blessings and even our life back to the other side of the Fence

No comments:

Post a Comment