Skip to main content

The Treasure Box

 The Treasure Box

By Randall Nelsen


I had a Treasure Box

Filled with Silver, Pearls, and Gold.

I Had a Treasure Box

That my Hands would often Hold.


I liked to watch it sparkle.

I held it in the Light.

I held it in the morning.

It even sparkled in the Night.


Then one day I Found

To My Horror and Dismay.

My Treasure box had turned to Rust

My Joy to Ash and Decay.


How could this ever happen

I asked myself that day.

Then I heard a still small voice

A Voice not far Away.


My Son your treasure Box is Rust

It lasts just for a Day.

Its worth is less than ash and dust

Its sparkle fades away.


My son I have a Treasure.

There is no hidden fee.

There is no cost.

The price is paid.

This Gift I Give for Free.


What is this Treasure Box?

I heard my own voice say.

What is this Priceless Treasure that never fades 

Away?


Listen To My Word My Son

And you shall know The Way.

Jesus is the Treasure

That will never fade away


I sent my Son down from above

So the Blind may Truly See.

You were once a Captive Treasure

Box until He gave you the only Key.


 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Message - Washing Dishes - Randall Nelsen

Washing Dishes   I remember when I was in Victory Outreaches Men's Home. I also remember when I was the official dishwasher morning, afternoon and evening.You know I really used to hate washing dishes .

Message- The Parable of The Sower - By Randall Nelsen

  The Parable of The Sower These parables powerfully illustrate the link between the natural soil of the earth, and the spiritual soil of the human heart; clearly explaining the underlying truths that link them together. - Randall Nelsen

Message - Spiritual Chameleon

    Spiritual Chameleons   I  have always thought that chameleons  were very fascinating creatures. They can blend in with their surroundings. You might walk past a chameleon on a tree or rock and not even realize it. Chameleons are famous for their innate ability to camouflage themselves.